UB Employment Opportunities
Upward Bound (UB) provides fundamental support to first generation, economically disadvantaged college bound high school students. Each summer, UB offers local high school students the unique opportunity to participate in a 6-week Summer Academy on Cal Poly campus. Students have a “college-like experience" participating in residential life, campus dining, extracurricular activities, and academic work to prepare them for their upcoming year of high school.
Summer Academy 2021 dates are Monday – Friday, June 21 – July 30
Currently we are seeking to hire:
Instructors for math/computer science and English
Teaching Assistants for math/computer science, English, and programming events
- Minimum education: 3rd or 4th year college student with minimum 3.0 GPA in math/computer science or English.
- Preferred: BA in math/computer science or English, Cal Poly credential candidate, or valid teaching credential.
Teaching Assistant (TA) Qualifications
- Minimum education: High school diploma with minimum 3.5 GPA in math (algebra I, II, calculus) or English.
- Preferred: College undergraduate in the School of Education, or major in math/computer science or English; minimum 3.0 GPA in math/computer science and English courses.
- TAs also needed to participate in programming events such as field trips and study hours.
To apply, submit The General Employment Application and your Resume to Susie Sandstrom, Director of Upward Bound at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Click below to learn more about what it is like to be an Upward Bound instructor and resident staff member.