- Students must be a U.S. citizen or legal resident.
- Students must be in or entering into 9th, 10th, 11th, or 12th grade in any of our outreach schools.
- All students must be either from low-income families and/or potential 1st generation college students.
- Students should display a sincere desire to dedicate time and effort toward achieving their academic goals.
- Federal TRIO programs 2018 annual low income levels.
- (Effective January 18, 2018 until further notice)
SIZE OF FAMILY UNIT INCOME* 1 $18,210 2 $24,690 3 $31,170 4 $37,650 5 $44,130 6 $50,610 7 $57,090 8 $63,570
*Listed income is for the 48 Contiguous States. Please contact advisor for Alaska and Hawaii low income levels.
For family units with more than 8 members, add the following amount for each additional family member: $6,480 for the 48 contiguous states, the District of Columbia and outlying jurisdictions; $8,100 for Alaska; and $7,455 for Hawaii.
The term "low-income individual" means an individual whose family's taxable income for the preceding year did not exceed 150% of the poverty level amount.
The figures shown under family income represent amounts equal to 150 percent of the family income levels established by the Census Bureau for determining poverty status. The poverty guidelines were published by the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services in the Federal Register on January 18, 2018.
For more information contact:
Student Academic Services
California Polytechnic State University
San Luis Obispo, CA 93407