- Students must be a U.S. citizen or legal resident.
- All students must be either income eligible and/or potential 1st generation college students.
- Students should display a sincere desire to dedicate time and effort toward achieving their academic goals.
- Federal TRIO programs 2020 annual income eligibility levels.
- (Effective January, 2020 until further notice)
SIZE OF FAMILY UNIT INCOME* 1 $0.00 - $19,140 2 $19,141 - $25,860 3 $25,861 - $32,580 4 $32,581 - $39,300 5 $39,301 - $46,020 6 $46,021 - $52,740 7 $52,741 - $59,460 8 $59,461 - $66,180
*Listed income is for the 48 Contiguous States. Please contact advisor for Alaska and Hawaii low income levels.
For family units with more than 8 members, add the following amount for each additional family member: $6,720 for the 48 contiguous states, the District of Columbia and outlying jurisdictions; $8,400 for Alaska; and $7,725 for Hawaii.
The term "low-income individual" means an individual whose family's taxable income for the preceding year did not exceed 150 percent of the poverty level amount.
The figures shown under family income represent amounts equal to 150 percent of the family income levels established by the Census Bureau for determining poverty status. The 2020 poverty guidelines are in effect as of January 15, 2020. Federal Register notice was published January 17, 2020
For more information contact:
Student Academic Services
California Polytechnic State University
San Luis Obispo, CA 93407